Training for Electrical and Structural Engineer
Technical Training at Royal Orchid on 31st Jan ’19 to 2nd Feb ’19
The course content for Electrical Training is as below
- History & Evolution of Numerical Relays, Relaying Philosophy
- Faults & Abnormalities in a power system, PU Systems & Fault Calculation Basics
- Current Transformers & Potential Transformers
- Feeder Over Current and Earth Fault Protection
- Transformer Protection.
- Motor Protection.
- Generator Protection.
- Bus-zone Protection.
- Line Protection.
- Development of IEC 61850 Protocol and basics
- Operation and Maintenance of relays
- Secondary Injection & Testing
- Workshop using ETAP for Plotting O/C & Earth Faults
The course content for Structural Training is as below
- Review of Civil / Structure Drawings & Review of Calculation Reports
- Requirements of Various Inputs from different Disciplines & different Vendors
- Interference Issues with other Disciplines
Industrial Steel Structures
- Concepts of Shear Connection and Moment Connection, Fixed and Pinned Supports
- Types and location of Vertical Bracing & Plan Bracings along with Direction, Distance, and Behaviour
- Column Orientation with respect to Shear/Moment Connections, with respect to Bracings, Support Fixidity, Load Directions, Number of Beams
- 3D force Transfer Mechanism for Bridges, Pipe racks, Sheds, Technological Structures
- Short cuts to calculate Value of forces in Truss members
- Design of Crane Girder, Surge Girder & Monorail along with Load calculations and relative load combinations
- Critical Design Parameters for Softwares
- Design of Base Plate and Anchor Bolts
Industrial RCC Structures
- Use of Tang Chart for footing having Loss of Contact
- Moody’s Chart (Panel Analysis – used in Base plates, Pit walls & Retaining walls)
- RCC Bracket Designs
- Ductile Detailing
For More details visit –